Pic 1 - I decided to wipe an area clean on the new sculpt. Image Pic 2 - I use for the most part a small stylus tool. I also bend mine in an angle. Image Pic 3 - Taking the tool you want to poke into the clay in an angle creating a hole but also creating a ridge over the hole.
- Master Mold Maker, Rob Freitas, has been entrusted by a good handful of the world's most important sculptors including, Rick Baker, Kazuhiro Tsuji and Jordu Schell. So when we tell you we have a mold-making lesson from Rob Freitas... you'll want to listen up.
- In this mechanical character creation tutorial on making a monster puppet mechanical hand, you'll learn the basics of building a cable controlled character puppet hand using easily accessible tools & materials with special creature effects mechanical designer, Peter Weir Clarke. LESSON H
- In this introductory "animatronic how to" lesson, Stan Winston Studio "Lifer," and Legacy Effects animatronic special character effects designer, Richard Landon, gives a comprehensive overview of the character mechanic's profession. LESSON HIGHLIGHTS: -- The character me
- FX Wizard Shannon Shea (Stan Winston Studio, Rick Baker's Cinovation, KNB EFX) continues his "Garage Monsters" series of lessons by starting at the beginning. From a new monster maker seeking a place to start to a seasoned pro looking for a refresher on the basics, these MINI-LESSO
- Master Creature Painter & Special Effects Artist, Jamie Grove, takes your knowledge of Metallic Painting Techniques to the next level as he applies two distinctive and seriously eye-popping metal paint treatments to resin castings of the original Predator Enviro ("Bio") Helmets -- Incl
- In this two part, nearly 9 hour master class in Creature Animation, The Head of the Character Shop takes us on a journey, unlike any you've ever seen, into the heart of the creature FX mechanic's world. LESSON HIGHLIGHTS: -- Overview of push-pull cable mechanics -- Creation of a vacuf
- Master Sculptor Don Lanning teaches the improvisational approach to character design that has made him one of Hollywood's most prolific and well-respected Creature Effects artists.
- Animatronic effects supervisor, inventor and Stan Winston Studio veteran, Rick Galinson, shares tips and techniques to help you utilize basic LED and SERVO controls to create stunning on-screen effects. From the art of motherboard design and circuit board schematics to best practices with solderi
- When creating any kind of monster, the teeth are pivotal. Sometimes, as is the case with a vampire's fangs, they're THE most important detail.